Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pumpkins and Poppets

Just recently I had a photo shoot with 4 close little friends. It's great shooting children that are used to each other and clearly used to having their Mums taking their photos, as they don't have any inhibitions and it's easier to capture their personalities in a shoot


We had the run of the Music school's garden and some pumpkins as props. I had some ideas on what I wanted to do with the children and their props, but it wasn't long before the children were all so excitable that they were running around in different directions and I wasn't getting 2 children in focus, let alone 4!

So I left them to it to see what they did and they all just plonked their bottoms down on a pumpkin each and laughed. It amused me, as I hadn't thought to ask them to sit on them and had I asked them, they probably wouldn't have!


You can spend so much time preparing for a shoot and imagining what the pictures will look like and what the client might want, but what I love about photographing children is the results are often so far removed from your original vision. The more you try to encourage a child to do something, the chances are, the more they will rebel against it. However they are likely to be doing something just as cute that is still a perfect poppet moment!



Have fun carving your Pumpkins ready for next week's Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment